CM Machinery was formed in 1971 to specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke automated machinery for clients within the plastics, medical, insulation and allied industries. Through continuous investment in staff and technology the company established its place in the specialised and bespoke machinery market and in 2010 moved to a purpose built factory with a dedicated design office and manufacturing area. The Company has a worldwide customer base and operates from a modern manufacturing facility in Craigavon, Northern Ireland.
Date of issue: 10/04/19
Job Description for Project Design Engineer
Excellent opportunity for a Project Design Engineer – looking to develop their career with a project based machinery supplier.
Based in Craigavon, CM Machinery are an independent manufacturer of automated cutting and winding machinery. The Company supplies to a diverse range of international customers including manufacturers of insulation products, construction panel, extruded plastics, flooring, non-woven textiles and medical appliances.
Job Title: Project Design Engineer
This is a varied and senior role within an innovative company specialising in customised design and manufacture of equipment for industrial manufacturing clients.
- CM Machinery are looking for a Senior Project Design Engineer to enhance their plans for growth by strengthening their capability to respond to customer’s requirements.
- As Senior Project Design Engineer you will be at the lead in implementing bespoke electro- mechanical machinery projects.
- You will develop the technical designs for the machinery, including where necessary, mechanical concepts and detail, specification of components, sourcing special components, planning of resources to fulfil the project to agreed schedules and budgets
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop mechanical designs and manufacturing drawings that meet requirements for functionality/ reliability/ ease of manufacture.
- Produce engineering calculation and analysis as required in compliance with equipment specification.
- Integrate electrical, electronic and pneumatic systems into the mechanical design to meet functional requirements.
- Generate materials lists including sourcing of special components.
- Customer contact in clarification of equipment specifications, technical and scheduling matters.
- Be familiar with machinery safety legislation, and implement into equipment designs.
- Provide engineering and problem solving advice during machine building and final testing both at factory and on customer’s site.
- Deliver all work to agreed schedules and budgets.
The Project Design Engineer must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A practical understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- 4+ years proven design experience within an engineering design team environment – within a manufacturing company.
- Experience with SolidWorks design software.
- An understanding of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems when used in machinery design.
- Preferably have experience of motion control systems.
- Clear communication skills.
This is a permanent full time post which is central to the functions of the company. It will provide the suitable candidate with an interesting and varied role and comes with a salary range that will reflect its significance.
To apply, please forward your CV with covering letter by emailing to: – email@example.com